The Tour of Flanders, also known as “Ronde van Vlaanderen,” is one of the most prestigious one-day professional cycling races in the world. Held annually in the Flanders region of Belgium, this race is known for its challenging cobbled climbs and attracts cycling enthusiasts and fans from around the globe. If you’re in the USA and eager to watch the Tour of Flanders 2022, this article will guide you on how to catch all the action from this thrilling race.
The Tour of Flanders is a spring classic in professional road cycling, typically taking place in early April. It features a demanding route that traverses the picturesque Flemish countryside, including iconic cobbled sections such as the Oude Kwaremont and the Paterberg. The race has a rich history and is part of the UCI World Tour, making it a key event on the cycling calendar.
In 2022, the Tour of Flanders promises to be another exciting edition, with top riders and teams vying for victory on this challenging course. To ensure you don’t miss any of the action, here’s how you can watch the Tour of Flanders in the USA:
1. NBC Sports Network (NBCSN)
In recent years, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) has been the primary broadcaster for professional cycling events in the USA, including the Tour of Flanders. To watch the race on NBCSN, follow these steps:
- Check your cable or satellite TV subscription: Ensure that you have access to NBCSN as part of your TV package.
- Tune in on race day: The Tour of Flanders will be broadcast on NBCSN on the scheduled race day. Be sure to check the race schedule for the exact timing.
- Online streaming: NBC Sports also offers online streaming options through their website or mobile app. You may need to log in with your TV provider credentials to access the live stream.
2. Cycling TV
Cycling TV is a dedicated platform for cycling enthusiasts, offering live coverage of various cycling events, including the Tour of Flanders. To watch the race on Cycling TV:
- Subscription: You’ll need to sign up for a Cycling TV subscription. They typically offer monthly or yearly plans, and the Tour of Flanders is often included in their coverage.
- Live stream: Once you’re subscribed, you can access the live stream of the race through the Cycling TV website or mobile app. Be sure to check the schedule for the exact timing.
3. Streaming Services
If you prefer streaming services over traditional cable TV, you have a few options:
- FuboTV: FuboTV offers a variety of sports channels, including NBCSN, which broadcasts the Tour of Flanders. Check their subscription plans to see if they offer NBCSN in your area.
- Sling TV: Sling TV also provides access to NBCSN as part of their Blue package. You can subscribe to Sling TV and watch the race online or through their app.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV is another streaming service that carries NBCSN. Check their channel lineup and availability in your region.
Please note that the availability of these streaming services may vary by location, so it’s essential to check their websites for the most up-to-date information.
4. UCI’s Official Website and Social Media
The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), the governing body for cycling, often provides race updates and highlights on their official website and social media channels. While they may not offer live streaming of the entire race, you can follow the latest news, results, and video clips during and after the event.
5. VPN Services
If you’re traveling outside the USA and still want to watch the Tour of Flanders with your preferred streaming service, you can consider using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN can help you bypass geographical restrictions by connecting to a server in the USA, making it appear as if you’re accessing the content from within the country.
Popular VPN services include ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and CyberGhost. Keep in mind that you may need a subscription for the VPN service, and it’s essential to choose a reliable and secure option.